Have you ever felt low on energy or more tired than usual during the day? Vitamin supplements can help your body regain vitality and make you feel more energized by addressing deficiencies that cannot be covered by a normal diet. But what are vitamins? And when should we start taking supplements? Labeau Organics explains:
What are vitamins?
Vitamins are nutrients that, when combined with other substances, enhance all physiological processes in our bodies. There are various types of vitamins:
- Fat-soluble: These vitamins typically dissolve in water and can adhere to the liver or other adipose tissues. Some of them include vitamin A, D, E, and K.
- Water-soluble: In contrast, these vitamins do not dissolve in water and, therefore, we cannot go without them for several days as it could severely affect our health. Vitamin B and C are the most common. They are essential for the proper functioning of the body's metabolism and the brain.
When should I take vitamin supplements?
This is likely your key question. First of all, it's important to understand that a vitamin supplement does not replace a healthy and balanced diet; taking them is like offering a "boost" to your body to improve its performance. If you are in good health and the quantity and quality of your daily diet are within normal parameters, you don't need to take vitamin supplements. Your body will need them if:
- You have recently undergone surgery or suffer from an illness.
- You are pregnant.
- You are a high-performance athlete.
- You are elderly.
- You experience periods of stress, anxiety, and physical and mental exhaustion. Of course, this may vary depending on the individual and body type, and always consult with your trusted physician. If you don't identify with any of the mentioned groups, you don't need to take vitamin supplements. In fact, taking an excess of supplements can be harmful to your health, leading to digestive, intestinal, or renal problems.
At Labeau, we recommend Mira Essentials, multivitamin tablets with a concentration of nutrients that can help complement a balanced diet and improve your overall well-being. Their main ingredients? Omega 3, Folate, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K2, Iron, Vitamin B12, Vitamin E, and Magnesium.
If you want to improve your performance, consult with an expert about which vitamins you need to enhance your body's performance and overall well-being, and start living the life you deserve.